I think that most of us are readers so I thought I’d give a shout out about some books that I loved and ask for more suggestions from you. Not everyone is going to love the same book/type of book but I’m looking for a list of really well written books. I also read some light mysteries and romance but they are more escapism than something to really savor. So send your comments with one or more books, author, genre, and what you liked about it.
And if you don’t already know about it, you can get a daily suggestion of ebooks, many of them free, all of them low prices from www.bookbub.com. There is no cost to sign up and you choose your genres when you do register. Books come from Amazon.
- The Wiregrass Pam Webber A coming of age story
- Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet: A Novel Jamie Ford Heartfelt story about relationships
- The Lion is In: A Novel-Delia Ephron, Fiction, Great story although it starts off slowly…keep with it; you will be glad you did.
- Alex & Me: How a Scientist and a Parrot Discovered a Hidden World of Animal Intelligence–and Formed a Deep Bond in the Process Irene Pepperberg This is a true story and the title says it all. Much more interesting that I expected it to be!
- Before the Fall-Noah Hawley Fiction/Mystery Well developed characters, plot twists
- The Color of Heaven (The Color of Heaven Series Book 1) Julianne MacLean Fiction that you want to be true. Very comforting story about loss.
- Summers at Blue Lake Jill Althouse-Wood Fiction, Coming of age story…I can never get enough of these.
- The House on Olive Street Robyn Carr Women’s Fiction, 3 women come together after the death of their fourth friend.
- We Never Asked for Wings: A Novel Vanessa Diffenbaugh Great character development of a teenage boy.
- The Language of Flowers: A Novel Vanessa Diffenbaugh Again great character development in this fictional book. A woman who is the product of the foster care system discovers how she can help others.
- The Secret Life of Bees Sue Monk Kidd Fiction A young woman discovers the truth to the past.
- The Memory Keeper’s Daughter:A Novel-Kim Edwards Great story.
- Kindred Octavia Butler Fictional novel about a black woman who goes back and forth between the present and times of slavery
The Gardens of Kyoto: A Novel
And if you want to be notified of new posts, send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I will set you up and you will get an email with login information.