I knew traveling would have challenges as well as pleasures. I’m not sure exactly what my expectations were. I now know that
- I don’t like doing more than one thing most days; 2 things if they are both short.
- Using a guide is well worth the extra expense. When we have gone on hikes by ourselves (except when we could overhear other guides) we seldom see much since so many animals are well hidden by their camouflage or location.
- Getting out of bed early is tough but it is the best time to see the most interesting animals.
- I’m not an adrenaline junky. Someone explained to me that the people that like the zip lines, bungee cords, etc. like the feel of adrenaline in their systems. I don’t like that feeling so I am not tempted (not very tempted) to do those types of activities. Plus, while they are usually done safely, I don’t feel like any risk of injury is worth it to me…I have too many places to go, things to see, people to meet.
- It’s really nice to have the luxury to spread activities out over a number of weeks. I know that isn’t usually the case but since we do have that option it allows us to take it in more, spend time recovering, and schedule the expenses over time.